Reports To: Director, Construction
Summary: Overall management and administration of construction and post-construction activities with bottom-line profit
accountability for a specific project.
Key Functions/ Responsibilities:
▪ Monitoring and validation of all Project Schedules to ensure site is managed in a timely, efficiently and profitably.
▪ Represent the company in a professional and manner.
▪ Establish specific site safety plans and manage and enforce same.
▪ Responsible for the effective management and organization of Construction & Post-Construction activities for the
▪ Must liaise effectively with all Cairo Development team members
▪ Must work with the Construction Manager to establish and maintain an effective staffing Management Plan for internal
staff to allow for the needs of all projects and ensure production rates are effectively reached.
▪ Expectation to seek out positive construction solutions to all issues.
▪ Ability to provide accurate technical evaluation of tenders
▪ Creation of detailed, accurate trade scopes of work
▪ Train and assist site staff in the conduct and execution of their duties.
▪ Ensure milestone and deadline dates are established and enforced relative to activities and responsibilities.
▪ Monitor cost control and note potential risk areas.
▪ Supervise the activities and conduct of project team members to ensure compliance with company policies, safety
standards and quality standards.
▪ Ensure timely close-out and closed job reports.
▪ Prepare and oversee timely and accurate management reports.
▪ Monitor each project team member’s compliance with their job descriptions and responsibilities and conduct formal
employee performance evaluations for staff.
▪ Coordinate where required in the establishment of proformas and constructability solutions to potential Construction
▪ Project Profitability and Project completion on schedule
▪ Ensure Client Satisfaction
▪ Implementation and follow-through of construction and post-construction management plans
▪ Quality control, integrity and excellence of turnovers of the project
▪ Complete other responsibilities as required
• Diploma in Construction Engineering Technology or Bachelor’s in Construction Management, Engineering or
Architecture or combination of similar education and experience
• 5 – 8 years construction experience
• Leadership and effective problem-solving ability.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Experienced in value-engineering
• Construction scheduling experience
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Experience with implementation and follow-through of construction management plans
• The ability and confidence to make timely decisions with consideration of all known impacts and/or influences
• Organizational, Computer, Drafting and communication skills
• Fundamental understanding of construction and contract law
• Ability to effectively prioritize
Email Resume to: HR@CairoDevelopment.ca, Attention: Lisa Steward