Reports To: Director, Construction
Summary: Detailed and effective administrative management of the construction project.
Key Functions/ Responsibilities:
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
• Manage the Trade Contractor/Supplier invoice process
• Prepare project organization and communication charts using PowerPoint and Excel
• Chair meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information
• Within scope of responsibility, ensure stakeholder needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Compile, prepare and review all monthly claims – this includes Trade and Supplier invoices for as well as associated support documentation. **Must be able to effectively communicate with trade contractors & suppliers re: invoices, schedules, etc.
• Work effectively with all Cairo Development stakeholders
• Timely follow-up with Site Superintendent & Project Manager on invoice status and signature requirements so that accounting process & payment commitments are met.
• Effective follow-up on all RFI’s, SI’s, etc. to ensure timely responses
• Receive, distribute and file Shop Drawings
• Daily filing of packing slips, reports, etc.
• Weekly processing & submission of time sheets
• Placing office supply orders utilizing cost-effectiveness.
• Record Keeping and management of provided office equipment
• Creation and updating of equipment records: IE: rental equipment and company-owned equipment
• Regular communication with City departments on various matters including, but not limited to invoices, lane closures, etc.
• Review, disseminate and file all applicable documents from Consultants, City Inspections, throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Gather and file all Project Close-Out documents including O & M Manuals, Warranty Documents, etc. as required
• Administer Site Orientations as required
• Assist Site Superintendent in scheduling of deliveries, installation dates, etc.
• Create, Issue and Track detailed Purchase Orders, etc.
• Create and Manage Contract and Purchase Order Awards
• Create and Maintain Contract Control documents
• Create Contract Awards, Change Orders and distribute for appropriate approval signatures
• Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log Support management in the issuance of monthly reports, etc. as required.
• Assist with the release of security deposits or LOC as required
• As required, assist in the tendering process
• Participation in and Preparation of reports as required
• Monitoring of Project Construction Schedules and Material Deliveries
• Quality control, integrity and excellence
• Miscellaneous additional administrative tasks as required.
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
• Update others as required about project status and issues that may impact client relations
• 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry
• Proficient in MS Office Suite of products (including SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Knowledge and experience with established construction safety procedures, OHS requirements
• Demonstrated leadership and research skills
• Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
• Demonstrated willingness & ability to be flexible and adaptable as priorities change
• Ability to effectively prioritize administrative requirements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Asset: Proficient with Accounting software applications such as Sage
Email resume & cover letter to: HR@CairoDevelopment.ca, Attention: Lisa Steward